Towards New Destinations Initiative Archive
Engineering 2012-13 Initiatives:
- COMPOSITION—Faculty: Actions that will result in increasing the number of underrepresented and women faculty, including search committee training, lines held back for targets of opportunity, proactively addressing retention challenges, and support for mentoring and resource programs.
- COMPOSITION—Undergraduate students: Increase the overall enrollment of women and underrepresented undergraduates by adding staff support for diversity recruiting, continuing on and off campus recruitment programs, and expanding pipeline programs.
- INCLUSION—Undergraduate students: Launch the Engineering Leadership Program, designed to develop students' skills in self-awareness, communication and inclusive team-building.
- INCLUSION—Faculty, staff, post docs and academic professionals to complete Respect@Cornell training.
- ENGAGEMENT—Undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, staff: Develop an inclusive, college-wide communications plan, including targeted presentations and meetings, and the development of unit level initiatives