Upson Hall Renovation
Enter content here
This issue is authored by the Cornell University Infrastructure, Properties, and Planning Construction Management Team.
The second phase of the Upson Hall renovation project is well underway
and we are pleased to inform you we are getting closer to seeing a complete,
functional building. The construction team continues to work diligently to
complete the remainder of the project while addressing items still outstanding.
Some of the major improvements since our last update include the rework of the entire vestibule area close to the Duffield Atrium and the installation of new fire-rated storefronts doors. In addition to providing more access to the building via the freight and passenger elevators, we are happy to confirm that the open stair at the northeast (Stair B) will open to provide access to Floors 3, 4 and 5.
Regarding construction, general activities and impacts projected for the next several weeks include:
1. Interior framing and installation of drywall for new spaces.
2. Installation of major building utility infrastructure on all floors.
3. Completion of window surrounds on the exterior.
4. Installation of the vapor barrier and terracotta clips is underway.
5. Ongoing completion of mechanical piping installation.
REMINDER - Pike's regular work hours are 5 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. They will try to restrict the "most disruptive" noise to the hours of 5 a.m. to 8 a.m., but that is subjective. There will be construction noise at any/all times during their working hours.
The contractor's more detailed schedule for the next two weeks is as follows.
1. Demolition of exterior wall is now complete and underground piping has been installed.
2. Windows have been installed.
3. Testing of plumbing continues in preparation for new sprinklers.
4. Mechanical piping is now installed.
1. Demolition is complete and some openings are covered by temporary protection.
2. Layout of the floor area is complete and interior framing is ongoing
3. MEP rough-in continues in preparation for duct work on the ceiling deck.
1. Interior framing is complete and dry wall is being installed.
2. MEP rough-in of duct work is underway starting with the duct risers that bring air to the entire floor.
3. Framing for custom ceilings is ongoing.
4. Taping and finishing of drywall.
1. Installation of the terracotta system is ongoing.
2. Exterior waterproofing and drainage is nearing completion.
3. Window surround on bump-outs are being installed.
New Egress Plan/First Floor Emergency Exits
After the move,
the path in and out of the building will change. Below is an egress plan to
guide you through the building.
What to do:
If you experience issues that need attention, please submit a ticket using the Facilities Ticket button on the left (or the usual ticket system). Tickets submitted this way are reported via text message and email alert to several facilities staff.
You can also contact the CoE/CIS Facilities office at 255-5668. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
We hope that ultimately being in your new space will make this stressful time period worth it.
We will have the archive of all updates located here: June 19, 2015