Minor: Engineering Management
Offered by: School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Contact: CE Undergraduate Major Coordinator, 221 Hollister Hall, 607.255.3412, www.cee.cornell.edu
All undergraduates. (CE Majors may not use courses to fulfill the minor requirement and
simultaneously as a Major-approved elective or as a Design course.) ORE Majors have
restrictions and requirements as noted below. Students pursuing the Independent Major
should obtain approval from CEE for the proposed minor courses, as they may relate to
approved primary and secondary area programs.
This minor focuses on giving engineering students a basic understanding of engineering economics, accounting, statistics, project-management methods, and analysis tools necessary to manage technical operations and projects effectively. The minor provides an important set of collateral skills for students in any engineering discipline.
At least six (6) courses (minimum of 18 credits), chosen as follows:
Required Courses (3)
- CEE 3230: Engineering Economics and Management or ORIE 4150: Economic Analysis of Engineering Systems
- ORIE 3150a: Financial and Managerial Accounting
- CEE 3040b: Uncertainty Analysis in Engineering or ENGRD 2700: Basic Engineering Probability and Statistics or ECE 3100: Introduction to Probability and Inference for Random Signals and Systems
Additional Courses (choose any three)c
- CEE 5930d: Engineering Management Methods:
- CEE 5950: Construction Planning and Operations
- CEE 5970: Risk Analysis and Management
- CEE 5980: Introduction to Decision Analysis
- ENGRG 3600: Ethical Issues in Engineering Practice
- NBA 5070: Entrepreneurship for Scientists and Engineers or MAE 4610/ENGRG 4610/ORIE 4152: Entrepreneurship for Engineers or BEE 4890: Entrepreneurial Management for Engineers
At least C in each course in the minor.
- a. ORE Majors must substitute NCC 5560: Managerial Finance or NBA 5000: Intermediate Accounting for ORIE 3150.
- b. MAE 3100: Introduction to Applied Mathematics I cannot be substituted for CEE 3040.
- c. Other courses approved by petition in advance.
- d. This course is not accepted for ORE Majors.