Minor: Game Design
Offered by: Department of Computer Science
Contact: Nicole Roy, 303 Upson Hall, 255.0982, email@example.com
All undergraduates. CS Majors may not count courses from the CS-focused list toward
completion of this minor.
This minor is for students who anticipate that game design will play a prominent role in
their academic and professional career.
To apply for a Game Design minor:
- Complete course work required for the minor (see below).
- Obtain the form “Application to Certify Completion of an Engineering minor” from Engineering Advising in 167 Olin Hall.
- Obtain an official transcript from the University Registrar’s Office in B7 Day Hall.
- Complete the form and attach the copy of your transcript on which each course used for the minor is highlighted or underlined.
- Submit the form and the transcript to the Computer Science undergraduate office, 303 Upson Hall.
At least six (6) courses (18 credit minimum) chosen as follows:
Required Courses: Complete the following two courses:
- CS/INFO 3152: Introduction to Computer Game Arc:hitecture
CS/INFO 4152: Advanced Topics in Computer Game Architecture
Additional Courses: Choose four of the following 18 courses:
- CS-Focused courses (CS majors: see Note):
- CS/ENGRD 2110: Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- CS/INFO 3300: Data-Driven Web Applications
- CS 4620/ARCH 3704: Introduction to Computer Graphics
- CS 4700: Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- CS 5625: Interactive Computer Graphics
- CS 5643: Physically Based Animation for Computer Graphics
- ART 2701: Introduction to Digital Media
- ART 3704: Interactive Digital Media
- COMM 4220: Psychology of Entertainment Media
- ECE 4760: Digital Systems Design Using Microcontrollers
- INFO/COMM 2450: Communication and Technology
- INFO/COMM 3450: Human–Computer Interaction Design
- INFO/COMM 4400: Advanced Human–Computer Interaction Design
- MUSIC 2421: Performing with Computers
- MUSIC 3421: Scoring the Moving Image
- MUSIC 3431/PMA 3680: Sound Design and Digital Audio
- PSYCH 3420/COGST 3420/VISST 3342: Human Perception: Applications to Computer Graphics, Art, and Visual Display
- SOC 4340: Online Social and Information Networks
At least C for each course in the minor.
Note: CS majors cannot take courses from the CS-focused list for the Game Design minor.