Minor: Civil Infrastructure
Enter content here
Offered by: School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Contact: CEE Undergraduate Major Coordinator, 221 Hollister Hall, 607.255.3412, www.cee.cornell.edu
All undergraduates except Civil Engineering Majors.
The Civil Infrastructure minor is intended to introduce engineering undergraduates to the engineering methodologies of mechanics, materials, analysis, design, and construction and to show how these are brought to bear in solving problems in the development, maintenance, and operation of the built environment that is vital for any modern society.
At least six (6) courses (minimum of 18 credits), chosen as follows:
- ENGRD 2020: Mechanics of Solids
Additional Courses: Choose any five (groupings are for information only)a
- CEE 3410: Introduction to Geotechnical Engineering
- CEE 4400: Foundation Engineering
- CEE 4410: Retaining Structures and Slopes
- CEE 4445: Soil Dynamics and Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- CEE 3710: Structural Modeling and Behavior
- CEE 3720: Intermediate Solid Mechanics
- CEE 4710: Fundamentals of Structural Mechanics
- CEE 4730: Design of Concrete Structures
- CEE 4740: Introduction to the Behavior of Metal Structures
- CEE 4780: Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
Other Related Courses
- CEE 5950: Construction Planning and Operations
At least C in each course in the minor.
a. Other CEE courses approved by petition in advance.