Minor: Game Design
Enter content here
Offered by: Department of Computer Science
Contact: Nicole Roy, 110E Gates Hall, 255.0982, email@example.com
AAll undergraduates. CS Majors cannot apply CS/ENGRD 2210/2112, or courses taken under the CS rubric (with the sole exception of CS 4152 or CS 4154), to the Additional Courses requirement of the Game Design Minor.
This minor is for students who anticipate that game design will play a prominent role in their academic and professional career.
To apply for a Game Design minor:
- Complete course work required for the minor (see below).
- Obtain the form “Application to Certify Completion of an Engineering minor” from Engineering Advising in 167 Olin Hall.
- Obtain an official transcript from the University Registrar’s Office in B7 Day Hall.
- Complete the form and attach the copy of your transcript on which each course used for the minor is highlighted or underlined.
- Submit the form and the transcript to the Computer Science undergraduate office, 110E Gates Hall.
At least six (6) courses (18 credit minimum) chosen as follows:
Required Courses: Complete the following two courses:
- CS/INFO 3152: Introduction to Computer Game Arc:hitecture
- CS/INFO 4152: Advanced Topics in Computer Game Architecture, or
CS 4154: Analytics-driven Game Design
Additional Courses: Choose four of the following courses:
- ART 2701: Introduction to Digital Media
- ART 3704: Interactive Digital Media
- COMM 4220: Psychology of Entertainment Media
- CS/ENGRD 2110 or CS/ENGRD 2112: Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- CS/INFO 3300: Data-Driven Web Applications
- CS/INFO 4152: (if not used as a Required Course): Advanced Topics in Computer Game Architecture/Design
- CS 4154: (if not used as a Required Course): Analytics-driven Game Design
- CS 4620/ARCH 3704: Introduction to Computer Graphics
- CS 4700: Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- CS 5625: Interactive Computer Graphics
- CS 5643: Physically Based Animation for Computer Graphics
- ECE 4760: Digital Systems Design Using Microcontrollers
- INFO/COMM 2450: Communication and Technology
- INFO/COMM 3450: Human–Computer Interaction Design
- INFO 3460: Crowds, Communities, and Technology
- INFO/ARTH 3650: Technology in Collaboration
- INFO/COMM 4400: Advanced Human–Computer Interaction Design
- MUSIC 2421: Performing with Computers
- MUSIC 3421: Scoring the Moving Image
- MUSIC 3431/PMA 3680: Sound Design and Digital Audio
- PMA 2730: Introduction to Dramatic Writing
- PMA 3444: Animation Workshop: Experimental and Traditional Methods
- PMA 3445: Animation History and Practice
- PMA 3614: Creative Character Design
- PSYCH 3420/COGST 3420/VISST 3342: Human Perception: Applications to Computer Graphics, Art, and Visual Display
A letter grade of C or better is required for each course in the minor.