Finding a Co-op Position
Sophomores interested in Co-op should follow these steps for finding a Co-op position.
- Registration: Co-op Registration Meeting:
Dates will be posted early Fall Semester
(One Registration meeting required for all sophomores interested in Co-op)
- Résumé: Create and refine your résumé (Guidelines in the Career Guide, found in ECCS). All students interested in applying for Co-op positions through on-campus recruiting are required to have their résumés reviewed by our office. Group session dates will be posted early Fall Semester.
- Cornell CareerNet: Register for CCNet & upload your résumé
Other Preparation Steps
- Research: Start researching organizations of interest through student experiences, employer web pages, and information sessions.
- Inquire: Send your résumé to organizations that will not be recruiting on campus. Use office resources to identify employers of interest.
- Network: Talk with former Co-op Students and contact Alumni through CCNet.
- Plan: Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss your plans for Co-op and how it will fit in with your course schedule
Suggested Fall Workshops
- "Pursuing International Co-op & Internship Opportunities"
- "International Students: Tips for Finding a Co-op or Internship"
- résumé workshops