Visit the College
Cornell University's campus offers stunning views across rolling hills, deep gorges, and Cayuga Lake. Three state parks and countless waterfalls can be found within a few miles of the campus, with New York City only about 225 miles away. The campus is truly magnificent and worthy of a visit!
If you have the opportunity to visit campus, we hope you will take advantage of the many resources the College of Engineering has to offer. To help make the most of your stay, prospective first-year and transfer students are encouraged to attend an Engineering Information Session led by one of our admissions counselors, as well as a student-led tour of the Engineering Quad when available. Information Sessions and Engineering Quad tours are offered June-October on Mondays and Fridays. The Engineering Admissions Office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm in 102 Hollister Hall (Hollister Hall's GPS location is 527 College Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14853).
The College of Engineering does not offer or require personal interviews for freshman or transfer students.
Engineering Information Sessions
The College of Engineering Information Sessions are offered throughout the summer and fall months on Mondays and Fridays starting June 3, 2016. To schedule your visit, please use Cornell's Plan Your Visit website. Our facilities are equipped with a hearing assistance system. Please ask for a receiver when you check in.
Engineering Quad Tours
Engineering Quad tours are offered only during the summer and fall months based on student availability. To schedule your visit, please use Cornell's Plan Your Visit website. A self-guided Quad Tour Map is available in the Admissions Office. For a PDF of this map, please click here.
Visit an Engineering Class
When school is in session (excluding summer), visitors may choose to attend a class. For a list of available classes and to register, please go to Cornell's Plan Your Visit website. Available classes are listed under "Class Visit: Engineering." Visitors should arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class to introduce themselves to the professor and make sure there is not an exam scheduled for that day. Visitors are asked to stay for the entire class and to power off any electronic devices. Children under 15 should not attend class(es). Due to space restrictions, we ask that only prospective undergraduate students visit classes.
Campus Parking Information
Parking on Campus for Prospective Students & Families
Monday through Friday, designated parking will be in the Hoy Parking Garage (GPS address can be entered as 167 Hoy Rd., Ithaca, NY 14853). Options for paying for parking are below:
- Pay for parking in advance
- Use your unique parking access code in your itinerary confirmation to make a parking reservation. You will receive a printable permit as well as customized directions. Please remember to print your parking permit out prior to arriving on campus.
- Pay for parking after you arrive at Cornell. If you do not pay for parking in advance you will have two options once you arrive on campus.
- Parkmobile: Download the Parkmobile app, create an online account, and use a credit card to start your session once you are on campus. You may also pay-by-cell. (also utilized by downtown Ithaca). You may also stop at a traffic booth to purchase a visitor parking permit and obtain directions to park. Please be sure to observe all parking signs as many parking lots are restricted and monitored. Visitor and Parking Information Booths are staffed from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday. For your assistance, a campus phone is located at each Visitor and Parking Information Booth for use when no attendant is present. Permits are not required on weekends or Holidays.
- Traffic booths: Stop at a traffic booth to purchase a visitor parking permit and obtain directions to park. Please be sure to observe parking signs as all parking lots are restricted and monitored.
- GPS addresses for Cornell parking booths:
165 Hoy Rd., Ithaca, NY
360 Tower Rd, Ithaca, NY
311 Campus Rd, Ithaca, NY
Other Things to Do During Your Visit
- Take a University Campus Tour or Freshman Experience Tour
- Visit a Class offered by Cornell's 7 Undergraduate Colleges & Schools (only available during fall and spring terms)
- Eat in one of our Dining Halls
- Visit the Cornell Store
- Browse the Johnson Museum of Art
- Walk through the Cornell Plantations
- Visit the Lab of Ornithology
- For daily Cornell events, visit the Cornell Events Calendar