Visit the College
Cornell University's campus offers stunning views across rolling hills, deep gorges, and Cayuga Lake. Three state parks and countless waterfalls can be found within a few miles of the campus, with New York City only about 225 miles away. The campus is truly magnificent and worthy of a visit!
If you have the opportunity to visit campus, we hope you will take advantage of the many resources the College of Engineering has to offer. To help make the most of your stay, prospective first-year and transfer students are encouraged to attend an Engineering Information Session led by one of our admissions counselors, as well as a student-led tour of the Engineering Quad when available. Information Sessions and Engineering Quad tours are offered June-October on Mondays and Fridays. The Engineering Admissions Office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm in 102 Hollister Hall (Hollister Hall's GPS location is 527 College Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14853).
The College of Engineering does not offer or require personal interviews for freshman or transfer students.
Engineering Information Sessions
The College of Engineering Information Sessions are offered throughout the summer and fall months on Mondays and Fridays starting June 3, 2016. To schedule your visit, please use Cornell's Plan Your Visit website. Our facilities are equipped with a hearing assistance system. Please ask for a receiver when you check in.
Engineering Quad Tours
Engineering Quad tours are offered only during the summer and fall months based on student availability. To schedule your visit, please use Cornell's Plan Your Visit website. A self-guided Quad Tour Map is available in the Admissions Office. For a PDF of this map, please click here.
Visit an Engineering Class
When school is in session (excluding summer), visitors may choose to attend a class. For a list of available classes and to register, please go to Cornell's Plan Your Visit website. Available classes are listed under "Class Visit: Engineering." Visitors should arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class to introduce themselves to the professor and make sure there is not an exam scheduled for that day. Visitors are asked to stay for the entire class and to power off any electronic devices. Children under 15 should not attend class(es). Due to space restrictions, we ask that only prospective undergraduate students visit classes.
Campus Parking Information
Parking on Campus for Prospective Students & Families
Due to summer construction, please plan to arrive on campus one hour before the first event on your itinerary.
- Monday through Friday, designated parking will be on north campus in CC Lot using the pay-by-cell Parkmobile app (also utilized by downtown Ithaca). You may also stop at a traffic booth to purchase a visitor parking permit and obtain directions to park. Please be sure to observe all parking signs as many parking lots are restricted and monitored. Visitor and Parking Information Booths are staffed from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday. For your assistance, a campus phone is located at each Visitor and Parking Information Booth for use when no attendant is present. Permits are not required on weekends or Holidays.
- Information and campus maps will be available inside Robert Purcell Community Center (RPCC) next to the CC Lot on north campus. We can provide campus maps and recommendations on walking or riding the bus. Wayfinding signage will direct pedestrians across our beautiful north campus to central campus where you will attend your first campus event.
- CC Lot GPS address can be entered as: CC Lot, Ithaca, NY 14853.
- Weekend visitors may park in the Hoy Garage. Parking permits for this facility are not required on weekends, but be aware of signage and restricted spaces.
Parkmobile pay-by-cell information can be found at parkmobile.com. Create your account online, and start a parking session when you arrive on campus.
TCAT public transit buses are available to shuttle you and your family around campus for $1.50 per ride. Cash only.
For additional information Monday through Friday, visitors may stop at a Cornell parking booth or contact the Cornell University Office of Visitor Relations at 607.254.4636 (INF0).
• GPS addresses for Cornell parking booths:
165 Hoy Rd., Ithaca, NY
360 Tower Rd, Ithaca, NY
311 Campus Rd, Ithaca, NY
A passenger drop off area can be found in front of Carpenter Hall which is near the Admissions Office in Hollister Hall (Hollister Hall's GPS location is 527 College Avenue, Ithaca, NY 14853).
For a map of the Cornell Campus, please click here.
For directions to Cornell University, please click here.
Other Things to Do During Your Visit
- Take a University Campus Tour or Freshman Experience Tour
- Visit a Class offered by Cornell's 7 Undergraduate Colleges & Schools (only available during fall and spring terms)
- Eat in one of our Dining Halls
- Visit the Cornell Store
- Browse the Johnson Museum of Art
- Walk through the Cornell Plantations
- Visit the Lab of Ornithology
- For daily Cornell events, visit the Cornell Events Calendar