Diversity Programs in Engineering, the Office of Faculty Development & Diversity, and the Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Professional Development announce the 2014 Empowering Women in Science & Engineering (EWISE) Symposium, which will take place on May 20 from 8:30am-5pm, at Cornell University. This one-day event is a professional development opportunity for faculty, staff, postdocs, PhD students, and professionals that will provide participants with the chance to network and establish relationships with women and champions of women across the STEM disciplines. This symposium is sponsored by grant from the President's Council of Cornell Women and the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
Keynote and Session Topics Include:
- Progress and Remaining Challenges for Women in STEM: An Overview of the Research
- Negotiating for What You Need & Want
- Insights from Women Leaders in National Labs
- Leadership Pathways in Academia
Click Here to Register
- Access to all events
- Conference materials
- Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and Continuous Beverage Service
- There is not a registration fee for Cornell Affiliates - students, postdocs, staff, faculty,speakers, panelists, and moderators.
- There is a $45 registration fee for non-Cornell Affiliates.
- All EWISE Symposium participants must complete the online registration form.
- Provide notice of cancellations prior to May 15, 2014.
- Send cancellations to DPENG@cornell.edu.
Business casual attire is appropriate for all conference activities.
Special Meal Requests:
Please be sure to indicate on your registration form if you require a special meal request (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, kosher, etc.) during meal events. We will do our best to accommodate. Meals are pre-ordered before the conference; consequently, special meal requests received onsite cannot be guaranteed.
Persons with Disabilities:
We strive to host a conference that is accessible to all. Please be sure to indicate on your registration form if you require any special accommodations to participate in this event. Special requests received onsite or less than two weeks before the conference cannot be guaranteed. However, we will do our best to assist you.
- Registration by May 12, 2014
- Cancellation by May 15, 2014
For more information:
Check back to see a symposium agenda with the featured speakers and panelists. Contact Sara Xayarath Hernandez, Director of Diversity Programs in Engineering if you have questions.