Diversity Programs in Engineering, the Office of Faculty Development & Diversity, and the Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Student Engagement announce the 4th Empowering Women in Science & Engineering (EWISE) Symposium, which will take place on May 25, 2016 from 8:30am-5:30pm at Cornell University.
This one-day event is a professional development opportunity for faculty, staff, postdocs, PhD students, and professionals that will provide participants with the chance to network and establish relationships with women and champions of women across the STEM disciplines. This symposium is sponsored by grant from Lockheed Martin and the President's Council of Cornell Women.
Keynotes & Sessions
- Opening Keynote: Progress and Remaining Challenges for Women in STEM - An Overview of the Research
- Building a Foundation of Mentors
- Workshop: Speak Up. Stand Out
- Panel Discussion: Negotiating Professional Advancement & Personal Commitments
- Time & Location:
8:30am-5:30pm in G10 Biotech
- Conference Attire:
Business casual attire is appropriate for all conference activities.
- Access to all events
- Conference materials
- Continental Breakfast, Lunch, and Continuous Beverage Service
- Free Registration for Cornell Affiliates:
- Cornell Enrolled Students (Undergraduate & Graduate)
- Cornell Faculty, Postdocs, and Staff
- Special Guests such as speakers, panelists and moderators
- $45 per person for Non-Cornell Participant Registration
All EWISE Symposium participants must complete the online registration.
However, we are currently at capacity. We do not anticipate being able to accommodate a wait list.
- Register by May 17, 2016
- Provide notice of cancellations prior to May 20, 2016.
- Send cancellations to DPEng@cornell.edu.
Special Meal Requests:
- Be sure to indicate on your online registration form if you require a special meal request (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, kosher, etc.) during meal events.
- Meals are pre-ordered before the conference; consequently, special meal requests received onsite cannot be guaranteed.
- We will do our best to accommodate to meet your dietary needs.
Persons with Disabilities:
- We strive to host a conference that is accessible to all. Please be sure to indicate on your registration form if you require any special
accommodations to participate in this event.
- Special requests received onsite or less than two weeks before the conference cannot be guaranteed. However, we will do our best to assist you.