Born in Providence RI, moved around East Coast through High School. A year in Israel before college. Three degrees from Brown University. Last year of school also worked at USGS in California. Started Cornell right out of Graduate School on Monday Aug 25, 1980.
- 2012. Introduction to Statics and Dynamics. : 1049. Oxford University Press. .
- 2012. "Design and control of ranger: an energy-efficient, dynamic walking robot." Journal of Robotics Research . .
- 2012. "Humans can run on water using big instantly-changable shoes." PLoS One . .
- 2010. "Bicycles can be self-stable without gyroscopic or caster effects." Nature . .
- 2010. "A Walking Model with No Energy Cost." Physical Review E . .
Selected Awards and Honors
- Presidential Young Investigator Award (National Science Foundation) 1984
- BS (Mechanical Engineering), Brown University, 1976
- MS (Mechanical Engineering), Brown University, 1978
- Ph D (Mechanical Engineering), Brown University, 1981