Born in Providence RI, moved around East Coast through High School. A year in Israel before college. Three degrees from Brown University. Last year of school also worked at USGS in California. Started Cornell right out of Graduate School on Monday Aug 25, 1980.
- 2013. "Design and control of ranger: an energy-efficient, dynamic walking robot." Journal of Robotics Research . .
- 2012. Introduction to Statics and Dynamics. : 1049. Oxford University Press. .
- 2011. "A chain that speeds up, rather than slows, due to collisions: How compression can cause tension." American Journal of Physics 79 (7): 723-729. .
- 2011. "A Walking Model with No Energy Cost." Physical Review E 83 (3): 032901-1 -- 032901-4. .
- 2008. "Rocking and rolling: A can that appears to rock might actually roll." Physical Review E 78 (6): 066609-1 -- 066609-9. .
Selected Awards and Honors
- Presidential Young Investigator Award (National Science Foundation) 1984
- BS (Mechanical Engineering), Brown University, 1976
- MS (Mechanical Engineering), Brown University, 1978
- Ph D (Mechanical Engineering), Brown University, 1981