AP and Transfer Credit
You can request that completed AP or transfer credit be applied toward your Cornell engineering degree. The Engineering Registrar’s Office will ensure that the appropriate notations are added to the transcript and that the student’s official record reflects any credit awarded.
How to post AP credit to your transcript:
- Arrange for the College Board to send Cornell University your official score reports. Cornell University’s college code is 2098.
- The Engineering Registrar will review your reports and award the appropriate credit for your scores.
- Credit will then be added to your official record and transcript. To check whether you have received credit, visit Student Center.
How to post transfer credit to your transcript:
- Ask that official transcripts for all courses you wish to transfer be mailed to the Engineering Registrar’s Office.
- If credit is awarded, the Engineering Registrar’s Office will officially note the credit award on your transcript.
- To check whether you have received credit, visit Student Center.
If you have questions or concerns about having either AP or transfer credit added to your official Cornell engineering record, just drop by the Engineering Registrar’s Office in 158 Olin Hall or contact us by mail, phone, or e-mail.