Information for Teaching Remotely
Toolbox for Effective Online Learning:
Preparing To Teach Remotely:
- Remote Teaching Readiness Link: https://teaching.cornell.edu/teaching-resources/planning-remote-teaching
Webinars from CTI on how to Teach Online (Some of the Webinars are Recorded):
- Using Zoom for Online Teaching: https://teaching.cornell.edu/webinars-teaching-online
- Zoom Meeting Interface: https://cornell.app.box.com/s/h5dfdp4uq4rpmk5r63f6mcso6usy0dez
- Scheduling a Zoom Session Video (VOD)
- Zoom System and Network Requirements: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
- Recording Zoom Locally and Publishing into Canvas (VOD)
- Panopto Recording: https://canvas.cornell.edu/courses/1848/pages/getting-started-in-panopto
Setting Up in Canvas and Getting Started with Recording:
Even More Advance Chat and Breakouts:
Virtual Classroom Management Quick Walk-Throughs:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Link: https://teaching.cornell.edu/teaching-resources/planning-remote-teaching/answers-faculty-questions
If you would like help ordering hardware, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide recommendations on the devices that are available -- with many devices on back order, the best choice may vary from day to day.
Document Camera Recommendations:
Look for USB connectivity with included Viewing software. This will allow you to easily share the document camera content to a Zoom meeting or to include it in a Panopto recording. Ipevo makes good document cameras and has plenty of resources online about using them with common collaboration software.
Many webcams are currently on back order, but anything that does at least 720p and has a built-in microphone will be adequate for Zoom. The Logitech C930e is recommended by CIT, but it is on back order or being sold at a higher price by resellers in many places.
A Jabra or ClearOne USB microphone/speaker combination will help prevent echo and allow for a higher-quality audio experience, especially if you will be typing on a laptop during your sessions. Calling into Zoom via phone for audio is also an option.