M.Eng. Early Admission for Cornell Undergrads
If you are a Cornell undergraduate who wants to pursue an M.Eng., we offer an early admission option that allows you to get a head start on your graduate work. You may apply during your last semester of undergraduate work if have no more than 8 credits remaining to complete your bachelor’s degree. Once you are accepted, you may begin work on your M.Eng. program at the same time you are completing the requirements for your undergraduate degrees.
Minimum requirements to be eligible for early admission to the M.Eng. program are:
- Be in your last semester as a Cornell undergraduate
- Have 1 to 8 credits left to complete your undergraduate degree
- Have a GPA of at least 2.7., but please note that most admitted applicants have a substantially higher GPA.
To be considered, please:
- File a complete application for admission to the M.Eng. degree program online through the Graduate School.
- File an Early Admission Petition and Course Record Form with the Graduate Field Coordinator in the M.Eng. program of your choice.
Application deadlines and Field Specific Requirements
You must apply for Early Admission during the first term of your senior year. Check with the Graduate Field Coordinator in the M.Eng. program of your choice for application deadlines and requirements specific to your field.
Please note: The grades of M.Eng. courses you take during your early-admission semester will count toward your undergraduate cumulative GPA.