M.Eng. Early Admission for Cornell Undergrads
If you are a Cornell undergraduate who wants to pursue an M.Eng. degree, you may be eligible for the Early Admission option. This option allows you to get a head start on your graduate work during your final undergraduate semester, completing the M.Eng. degree with only one additional semester at Cornell.
Minimum requirements to be eligible for early admission to the M.Eng. program are:
- Be in your last semester as a Cornell undergraduate
- Have 1 to 8 credits left to complete your undergraduate degree
- Have a GPA that meet the minimum requirements for admission (see individual program pages for details)
To be considered, please:
- File a complete application for admission to the M.Eng. degree program online through the Graduate School.
- File an Early Admission Petition and Course Record Form (PDF) with the Graduate Field Coordinator in the M.Eng. program of your choice.
Application deadlines and Field Specific Requirements
You must apply for Early Admission during the first term of your senior year. Check with the Graduate Field Coordinator in the M.Eng. program of your choice for application deadlines and requirements specific to your field.
Please note: The grades of M.Eng. courses you take during your early-admission semester will count toward your undergraduate cumulative GPA.