SPEAC for International Graduate Students
2019 Summer Program for English and Culture (SPEAC) for International Graduate Students
About the SPEAC Program
Note: SPEAC was previously known as the Summer English Immersion Program (SEIP)
Master's programs are fast-paced and require students to very quickly engage with speaking-intensive courses, networking, and other social situations. For those seeking a job or internship in the U.S., the search process starts early in the semester and requires high fluency in English.
To help you prepare for the fall 2019 semester, Cornell Master of Engineering programs collaborated with the Cornell English Language Support Office to create a four-week summer English immersion program designed exclusively for incoming international master's students in Engineering or Computer Information Science.
By the end of this program, students are:
- more confident and fluent as English speakers
- knowledgeable about Cornell services and programs
- acclimated to U.S. culture and academic life at Cornell
- able to navigate Cornell’s campus and the Ithaca area
- ready to start their degree programs
- prepared to search for a job or internship
You will be able to register through the required online Admissions Supplement for International Students.
Important: Only 32 students will be accepted into SPEAC. Register early to secure your place in the program and to get a $100 discount.