Summer M.Eng. English Immersion Program
2018 Summer English Immersion Program for Incoming Master of Engineering Students
About the M.Eng. Summer English Immersion Program
Master of engineering programs are fast-paced and require students to very quickly engage with speaking-intensive courses, networking, and other social situations. For those seeking a job or internship in the U.S., the search process starts early in the semester and requires high fluency in English.
To help you start the fall semester strong, Cornell Master of Engineering programs have collaborated with the Cornell English Language Support Office to offer a four-week summer English immersion program designed exclusively for incoming international M.Eng. students.
By the end of this program, students are:
- more confident and fluent as English speakers
- knowledgeable about Cornell services and programs
- acclimated to U.S. culture and academic life at Cornell
- able to navigate Cornell’s campus and the Ithaca area
- ready to start their degree programs
- prepared to search for a job or internship