Enrollment Deferral (non-military)
To officially request a deferral of enrollment from Cornell Engineering, please complete the form below. Once the form has been received, you will be contacted within 5 business days regarding the status of your request. Please contact the Engineering Admissions Office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the enrollment deferral process.
- Early Decision Candidates: The deadline to request an enrollment deferral for the 2020-21 academic year is March 1, 2020. The deadline has been extended to July 10, 2020.
- Regular Decision Candidates: The deadline to request an enrollment deferral for the 2020-21 academic year is June 1, 2020. The deadline has been extended to July 10, 2020.
If you are granted an enrollment deferral, the following conditions apply:
- You must officially accept your offer of admission from Cornell University.
- You must submit a $400 deposit reserving your place in a future class of Cornell Engineers. (Note: An $800 deposit is required for two-year deferrals).
- You must formally withdraw your application(s) from any college/university to which you have applied.
- You must formally decline your offer(s) of admission from any college/university to which you have been admitted.
- You must not enroll as a full-time student at another college/university during your deferral period.
Please note: If you are granted a deferral of admission, you will begin to receive information in the spring prior to enrolling at Cornell to help you prepare for your arrival. It is your responsibility to apprise the university of any changes in your mailing address and/or email address.