...my Co-op assignment was probably the single most influential experience during my time at Cornell. Hands down, it was the best decision I've made for my education after deciding to come to Cornell in the first place.
Co-op for Industry Partners
Co-op is an educational experience which integrates academic and career interests with industry experience. Students convert theory into practice, applying classroom knowledge to work situations, learning information and skills to enhance future coursework.
Cornell Engineering students are self-reliant, ready, confident in their abilities, and eager to learn. Employers who hire Co-ops gain more than outstanding apprentices-they have the opportunity to observe and groom prospective full-time employees.
- 28 weeks or more of work includes a semester plus a summer.
- Co-ops are paid work positions; students receive a transcript notation upon successful completion of the program.
- Most Co-op students attend Co-op Summer Session.
- Students typically complete their work terms as Juniors in the Fall semester and following Summer.
- Students may complete the 28 week requirement with one employer or two different employers
Flexibility of Work Terms
- Employers post positions with the expectation that students will work the entire 28 weeks with the same employer (ie., Fall 2019, returning Summer 2020).
- Employers post positions for just a semester (Fall 2019) with the following summer (Summer 2020) being an invitation to return by the employer that the student has the opportunity to accept or decline.
- Employers post positions that are a continuous 28 weeks of work (Summer/Fall 2019) or (Spring/Summer 2020).
Hiring for Spring/Summer 2019 Co-op Positions?
Amazing Cornell Engineering studings are seeking opportunities.
Please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-255-3512.