Cornell Engineering Reopening Resources
Last updated on September 16, 2020
The university has released an overarching plan for reactivating campus for a residential fall. This plan is guiding all activities in the College of Engineering. Please refer to this website for answers to most of your questions. Additional Univeristy Resources are linked below.
- Update on COVID Alert System-Ithaca Campus back to Green Level
- Cornell COVOD-19 Dashboard and Alert System
- Cornell COVID-19 and Reactivation Planning Website
- Cornell University Statements on COVID and Reactivation
- Virus testing for all Cornell students in Ithaca to start July 16, 2020.
- Virus Testing Information and Details
- Admitted graduate students can find information they need on the Graduate School website.
- Fall 2020 Graduate Student Newsletter
- International students can find more information and FAQs on the Cornell International Community site.
- International Student Resources
- Important Updates on Quarantine, Move in and Enrollment (July 30)
- Cornell Student Behavioral Compact
- Cornell Student Essentials
College of Engineering Resources
This website will be updated periodically with information and answers to frequently asked questions that are unique to the College of Engineering. Please check back for updates, including:
- Guidelines for participating in undergraduate research
- Guidelines for student project teams
- Guidelines for responsible behaviors in engineering common areas such as the Duffield Hall Atrium and the Carpenter Hall Engineering Library
- Access to college buildings outside of normal class meeting times
- Additional resources and protocols for faculty, students, and staff, including course rosters, course registrations, and support for teaching
Faculty and Researchers
- Engineering Resources on Accessibility, PPE and Classroom Technology
- If you need AV support for engineering classrooms email email@example.com to submit a ticket.
- To get AV support if your classroom is outside the college, start with the information in the classroom on the AV support for the college where your classroom is located. If that doesn't resolve the problem, email firstname.lastname@example.org for the engineering AV support group to help connect you to the right person or to help address the issue.
- If you would like to reserve time to use one of the recording studios in Olin 167B, Rhodes 637, Gates G11 and Gates G15 email your request directly to email@example.com.
- Guidance for Faculty in Addressing Behavioral Compact Violations
- Virtual teaching resources from the McCormick Family Teaching Excellence Institute
- Course Material Accessibility
- Application form for research reactivation (prior to July 20, 2020)
- Application form for research reactivation (from July 21, 2020)
- Research Reactivation FAQs
Faculty and Staff
- Message on the new Reactivation Portal for Staff and Faculty
- Application form for instruction reactivation (from July 21, 2020)
- Application form for reactivation on all other activities, except research and instruction, (from July 21, 2020)
- Reactivation Portal FAQs
Graduate Students (Ph.D. and M.S.)
- Enrollment options for international M.Eng. students
- FAQs for fall 2020
- Virtual class offerings based on the 6-12-12 option
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter August 20, 2020
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter August 13, 2020
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter August 6, 2020
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter July 22, 2020
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter July 16, 2020
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter July 8, 2020
- Undergraduate Students Reopening FAQs
including information regarding advising, tutoring, and research
- Student Project Team FAQs-Fall 2020
Cornell Engineering Coronavirus Resources Website