Daniel Huttenlocher is the founding Dean and Vice Provost of Cornell Tech. As Dean, he has overall responsibility for the new campus, including the academic quality and direction of the campus’ degree programs and research. Working with both internal and external stakeholders, he is developing approaches for working with companies, nonprofits, government agencies and early stage investors, as well as overseeing the faculty recruitment and entrepreneurial initiatives of the campus.
Huttenlocher has a mix of academic and industry background, having worked at the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) and served as CTO of Intelligent Markets, as well as being a faculty member at Cornell for over two decades. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan and both his Master’s and Doctorate degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He currently serves as a Director of Amazon, Inc., Corning, Inc. and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Finalist DARPA Urban Challenge, Team Cornell (team co-leader)2007
- Phi Beta Kappa Visiting Scholar2007
- Best Poster Award(IEEE CVPR)2004
- BSc(Computer Science and Experimental Psychology),University of Michigan,1980
- MSc(Electrical Engineering),Massachusetts Institute of Technology,1984
- Ph D(Computer Science),Massachusetts Institute of Technology,1988