ACE Course Descriptions
During this four-week program, all students will take a morning course from 9:00am to 11:00am daily, and an afternoon course from 1:00pm to 3:00pm daily. The courses are designed to be highly interactive, introduce key strategies, and connect students with resources they can use after the program ends.
In ACE classes you will practice communication skills for success in American academic and professional contexts:
- participating in and leading group discussions
- presenting your work and ideas through formal and informal presentations
- speaking clearly and precisely in English
- using appropriate language with peers, colleagues, faculty, and supervisors
In class you will begin preparing for important parts of the career-building process:
- networking with people in academia and industry
- creating job-search documents such as resumes and cover letters
- explaining your experience and skills during an interview
- understanding American cultural aspects that can affect the job search and workplace interactions
- ensuring that you understand the required documents for holding a job or internship in the U.S.
ACE classes also help you be confident and ready to have a successful academic year at Cornell:
- develop an understanding of American classroom culture and expectations
- practice listening to academic lectures and taking effective notes
- learn about the many Cornell resources available to international graduate students
- take part in team projects that allow you to get to know your classmates very well.