M.Eng. Early Admission for Cornell Undergraduates
If you are a Cornell undergraduate who wants to pursue an M.Eng. degree, you may be eligible for the Early Admission option. This option allows you to get a head start on your graduate work during your final undergraduate semester, completing the M.Eng. degree with only one additional semester at Cornell.
Minimum requirements to be eligible for early admission to the M.Eng. program are:
- Be in your last semester as a Cornell undergraduate
- Have 1 to 8 credits left to complete your undergraduate degree
- Have a GPA that meet the minimum requirements for admission (see individual program pages for details)
To be considered, please:
- File a complete application for admission to the M.Eng. degree program online through the Graduate School.
- File an Early Admission Petition and Course Record Form (PDF) with the Graduate Field Coordinator in the M.Eng. program of your choice.
Application deadlines and Field Specific Requirements
You must apply for Early Admission during the first term of your senior year. Check with the Graduate Field Coordinator in the M.Eng. program of your choice for application deadlines and requirements specific to your field.
Please note: The grades of M.Eng. courses you take during your early-admission semester will count toward your undergraduate cumulative GPA.
We are happy to answer your questions!
Join our Mailing List
Ask a Student Ambassador
M.Eng. Ambassadors are available to answer non-application questions about why they chose Cornell, what classes they are taking, their M.Eng. project, their job search process, how they like Cornell and Ithaca, and related non-application questions. Admissions-related questions (such as acceptance criteria, application, etc.) should be directed to the appropriate staff of each M.Eng. program. Student Ambassadors are only available for email correspondence between September 1 and May 20 each year.