Bashayer Aldakkan, a materials science and engineering Ph.D. student developing nanotechnology for oil recovery applications, was named Young Technical Professional of the Year by ADIPEC. Read more about Oil recovery nanotech earns Aldakkan accolades
We are delighted you are considering transferring to Cornell Engineering. Since you are interested in our program, most likely you have completed at least one year of foundational math, science, computer programming and engineering college coursework at an engineering, engineering science or pre-engineering program. At Cornell Engineering, you can build upon that foundation in your selected engineering major. Students who have attended colleges, universities, and community colleges are welcome to apply to transfer into Cornell Engineering. We also welcome applications from international students.
What You Need to Know
- You should apply as an external transfer student if you have graduated from high school and have earned over 12 credits at another college or university since your high school graduation. Current Cornell students who wish to transfer internally within the University should read through the information for internal transfers.
- The financial aid and transfer application deadline is March 15.
- We accept external transfer applications for fall entry only.
- We require a completed transfer course description form as part of the application. Forms are specific to your desired major. This document should be submitted after you have officially submitted your application.
- We offer transfer admission into 13 different engineering major programs.
- Taking the SAT or ACT is not required. If you have previously taken the SAT or ACT, it is recommended that you have an official score report sent to Cornell by the testing agency. It is not necessary to take the SAT or ACT if you have not previously done so.
- If you are an international transfer applicant for whom English is not the first language, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Still have questions after reviewing this site? Please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
We accept the Common Application (CA) including its College Report and Mid-Term Report. Remember to tell us about your coursework by submitting the course description form for your major in addition to your other application materials.