We are delighted you are considering transferring to Cornell Engineering. Since you are interested in our program, most likely you have completed at least one year of foundational math, science, computer programming and engineering college coursework at an accredited engineering, engineering science or pre-engineering program. At Cornell Engineering, you can build upon that foundation in your selected engineering major. Students who have attended accredited colleges, universities, and community colleges are welcome to apply to transfer into Cornell Engineering. We also welcome applications from international students.
What You Need to Know
- You should apply as a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and have earned over 12 credits at another accredited college or university since your high school graduation.
- The financial aid and transfer application deadline is March 15.
- We accept external transfer applications for fall entry only.
- We require a completed transfer course description form as part of the application. Forms are specific to your desired major.
- We offer transfer admission into 12 different engineering major programs. Please note the biomedical engineering major does not currently offer transfer admission.
- Taking the SAT or ACT is not required. If you have previously taken the SAT or ACT, it is recommended that you have an official score report sent to Cornell by the testing agency. It is not necessary to take the SAT or ACT if you have not previously done so.
- If you are an international transfer applicant for whom English is not the first language, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Still have questions after reviewing this site? Please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
We accept the Common Application (CA) including its College Report and Mid-Term Report OR the Universal College Application (UCA) including its Transfer Supplement, Professor Evaluation, College Report and Cornell Mid-Term Report. Remember to tell us about your coursework by submitting the course description form for your major in addition to your other application materials.
Laura Peter ‘86, deputy director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, took some time to speak with Andrea Ippolito ’06, M.Eng. ’07, Cornell lecturer in engineering management, about inequality in science, navigating the patent process, and their shared love of aerospace engineering. Read more about A conversation with Laura Peter ’86, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office deputy director
More than 100 engineering students let off some end-of-semester steam and tried not to blow any gaskets at the annual Robotics Day competition Dec. 10 in Duffield Hall atrium. The day kicked off with... Read more about ECE robotics teams thrill crowds at annual event
Staff, university leaders, industry partners and government representatives attended a Dec. 5 celebration of the launch of the Cornell-Brookhaven ERL Test Accelerator facility, known as CBETA. Read more about Celebration marks prototype accelerator getting up to speed
More than 100 engineering students let off some end-of-semester steam and tried not to blow any gaskets at the annual Robotics Day competition, held Dec. 10 in Duffield Hall atrium. Read more about Students go all in at robotics competition