We are delighted you are considering transferring to Cornell Engineering. Since you are interested in our program, most likely you have completed at least one year of foundational math, science, computer programming and engineering college coursework at an accredited engineering, engineering science or pre-engineering program. At Cornell Engineering, you can build upon that foundation in your selected engineering major. Students who have attended accredited colleges, universities, and community colleges are welcome to apply to transfer into Cornell Engineering. We also welcome applications from international students.
What You Need to Know
- You should apply as a transfer student if you have graduated from high school and subsequently earned over 12 credits at another accredited college or university.
- The financial aid and transfer application deadline is March 15.
- We accept transfer applications for fall entry only.
- We require a completed transfer course description form as part of the application. Forms are specific to your desired major.
- We offer transfer admission into 12 different engineering major programs. Please note the biomedical engineering major does not currently offer transfer admission.
- Taking the SAT or ACT is not required. If you have previously taken the SAT or ACT, it is recommended that you have an official score report sent to Cornell by the testing agency. It is not necessary to take the SAT or ACT if you have not previously done so.
- If you are an international transfer applicant for whom English is not the first language, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Still have questions after reviewing this site? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
We accept the Common Application (CA) including its College Report and Mid-Term Report OR the Universal College Application (UCA) including its Transfer Supplement, Professor Evaluation, College Report and Cornell Mid-Term Report. Remember to tell us about your coursework by submitting the course description form for your major in addition to your other application materials.
by Colton Poore ’20 The world of prosthetics is evolving every day. After one of Kevin O’Brien’s good friends—a combat rescue pilot—lost her leg, she was able to receive a prosthetic and had her wings... Read more about Robotic Hand with a High-Tech Transmission
Buoyed by an atmospheric “superhighway,” smoke from lightning-sparked African savanna and forest fires deposit unexpectedly large amounts of nutrient-rich phosphorus in a river basin an ocean away. Read more about Atmospheric winds carry nutrients from Africa to Amazon
Cornell Engineering is encouraging students, postdocs and faculty to apply for funding to scale up a technology or prototype a product based on research. Proposals for the next round of funding are... Read more about Cornell Engineering offering grants to scale up research
The Office of Engagement Initiatives has awarded $1,307,580 in Engaged Curriculum Grants to 25 teams of faculty and community partners that are integrating community engagement into majors and minors... Read more about Grants create engagement opportunities for students