DPE offers professional development throughout the year to advance your career and growth. Take advantage of acquiring the skills and strategies needed to effectively present yourself and navigate in a professional manner throughout your time at Cornell and beyond.
First Friday Dinners
Come join us for these professional development and networking events featuring corporate sponsors and other invited guests. First Friday Dinners are held during the evenings of the first Friday of first and last months of the semesters. Presentation topics for First Friday dinners can include:
- Internship, employment, and research opportunities
- Strategies for academic, professional, and personal success
- Preparation for graduate school
- Business dinner etiquette
Master Your Future (MYF)
This series highlights a variety of professional development topics relevant to the growth and success of undergraduate and graduate students. MYF workshops topics include:
- How to Navigate Employer Events
- Mastering Your A & B Exams
- Entrepreneurship 101 for Scientists & Engineers
- Mastering Your Presentation Skills
- Mastering Academic Career Pathways
- Mastering Your Elevator Talk
Lunch & Learn
This is a community and professional development event that provides students with the opportunity to engage with visiting Cornell Engineering alumni and other special guests. These events present alumni an informal atmosphere where they can share their personal and/or professional experiences with students.
Employer Information Sessions
This career development and exploration opportunity connects undergraduate and graduate students with corporate, foundation, university, and government partners to learn about employment and research opportunities.