Throughout their undergraduate career, students can access supplemental advising and support through Engineering Advising. The professional staff academic advisors assist students in achieving their academic and personal goals. We’re here to make sure you don’t make the journey alone.
Cornell Engineering Advising envisions a healthy, engaged, and inclusive community of learners by pioneering knowledge and discovery in advising, creating superior initiatives, and advancing solutions that meet the needs and support the well-being of our students.
Engineering Advising promotes a collaborative advising process of expansive inquiry, critical thought, and personal responsibility, thereby empowering the individual student to make informed decisions regarding their academic and career goals.
Engineering Advising strives to:
- Ensure that students have the information, counsel, and resources to succeed;
- Offer multiple modes of access for students to connect with professional academic advisors;
- Provide accurate and current information to current Engineering undergraduate students, prospective Engineering undergraduate students, and other interested students regarding major, College, and University degree requirements, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Work in partnership with Engineering faculty advisors, peer advisors, administration and staff, as well as faculty from other Cornell colleges and schools and various other University entities, in order to promote student success within the College;
- Work with students in an environment emphasizing the developmental process of student growth and success;
- Keep abreast of relevant academic advising, student development, and related research and literature to constantly improve our services to students;
- Promote the shared responsibility of academic advising between the student and the advisor;
- Evaluate and assess our programs and services.