Research teams led by professors Robert Bruce van Dover and Hadas Kress-Gazit have both been granted up to $7.5 million from the U.S. Department of Defense for autonomous systems and AI research.Read more
Hadas Kress-Gazit is an Associate Professor at the Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Cornell University. She received her Ph.D. in Electrical and Systems Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania in 2008 and has been at Cornell since 2009. Her research focuses on formal methods for robotics and automation and more specifically on creating verifiable robot controllers for complex high-level tasks using logic, verification, synthesis, hybrid systems theory and computational linguistics. She received an NSF CAREER award in 2010, a DARPA Young Faculty Award in 2012 and the Fiona Ip Li '78 and Donald Li '75 Excellence in teaching award in 2013.
Robotics, Motion Planning, Task Planning, Model Checking, Verification, Hybrid Systems, Language for Robotics, Human Robot Interaction, Modular Robots.
- 2016."An End-To-End System for Accomplishing Tasks with Modular Robots."Paper presented at Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, June. .
- 2015."Timing Semantics for Abstraction and Execution of Synthesized High-Level Robot Control."IEEE Transactions on Robotics31(3): 591-604. .
- 2015."Dynamics-Driven Adaptive Abstraction for Reactive High Level Mission and Motion Planning."Paper presented at IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2015, Seattle WA, May. .
- 2015."Let's Talk: Autonomous Conflict Resolution for Robots Carrying out Individual High-level Tasks in a Shared Workspace."Paper presented at IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2015, Seattle WA, May. .
- 2015."Provably correct reactive control from natural language."Autonomous Robots38(1): 89-105. .
Selected Awards and Honors
- Best Systems Paper, Finalist Best Paper and Best Student Paper(Robotics: Science and Systems)2016
- NAE US Frontiers in Engineering participant(National Academy of Engineering)2014
- Fiona Ip Li '78 and Donald Li '75 Excellence in teaching award(Cornell University)2013
- Early Career Spotlight Robotics: Science and Systems2013
- DARPA Young Faculty Award(DARPA)2012
- BSc(Department of Electrical Engineering),Technion,2002
- MS(Engineering),University of Pennsylvania,2005
- Ph D(Electrical Engineering),University of Pennsylvania,2008