Debdeep Jena is the Richard E. Lunquist Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow, Professor at Cornell University where he holds a joint appointment in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Debdeep Jena received the B. Tech. degree with a major in Electrical Engineering and a minor in Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur in 1998, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) in 2003. His research and teaching interests are in the MBE growth and device applications of quantum semiconductorheterostructures (currently III-V nitride semiconductors), investigation of charge transport in nanostructured semiconducting materials such as graphene, nanowires and nanocrystals, and their device applications, and in the theory of charge, heat, and spin transport in nanomaterials. He is the author on several journal publications, including articles in Science, Physical Review Letters, and Electron Device Letters among others. He has received two best student paper awards in 2000 and 2002 for his Ph.D. dissertation research, the NSF CAREER award in 2007, and the Joyce award for excellence in undergraduate teaching in 2010.
- 2016."Ultralow-Leakage AlGaN/GaN High Electron Mobility Transistors on Si With Non-Alloyed Regrown Ohmic Contacts." IEEE Electron Device Letters 37(1): 16-19. .
- 2015."Dual Optical Marker Raman Characterization of Strained GaN-channels on AlN Using AlN/GaN/AlN Quantum Wells and 15N Isotopes." Applied Physics Letters106: 041906. .
- 2014."2D CRYSTAL SEMICONDUCTORS Intimate contacts." NATURE MATERIALS13(12): 1076-1078. .
- 2014."Molecular beam epitaxial growth of MoSe2 on graphite, CaF2 and graphene." .
- 2014."Exfoliated multilayer MoTe2 field-effect transistors." Applied Physics Letters 105(19): 192101-192101. .
Selected Awards and Honors
- Richard E. Lunquist Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow (Cornell University) 2015
- Most Valuable Contribution(Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Materials and Devices)2014
- Advisor of PhD student Faiza Faria(Winner of poster award for ICNS 2013)2013
- IBM Faculty award2012
- Young Scientist Award(International Symposium of Compound Semiconductors)2012
- Joyce award for excellence in undergraduate teaching2010
- BS(Electrical Engineering),Indian Institute of Technology,1998
- Ph D(Electrical and Computer Engineering),University of California,2003