Professor Anton received his B.S at Virginia Tech in 1979, his MS at Caltech in 1982, and his PhD at Caltech in 1986, all in the field of chemical engineering. He was a von Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Germany for just over a year before joining the faculty at Cornell as an Assistant Professor in 1986. He was a Visiting Professor at UT Austin in 1993-94 and has been an Associate Professor of Chemical engineering at Cornell since 1993.
Professor Anton’s research investigates the mechanisms, kinetics, and thermodynamics of chemical reactions in fluids and at interfaces between fluid and solid phases.
Professor Anton has taught a broad range of undergraduate- and graduate-level courses to chemical engineering students, including physical chemistry, classical thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, chemical separations, process dynamics and control, electronic materials processing, chemical process design, statistical thermodynamics, and applied mathematics.
- 2010."The kinetics of p-nitrophenyl-beta-D-cellobioside hydrolysis and transglycosylation by Thermobifida fusca Ce15Acd."Carbohydrate Research345(17): 2507-2515. .
- 2008."A new perturbation solution to the Michaelis-Menten problem."AIChe Journal54(5): 1344-1357. .
- 1994."Desorption within the 2-Phase Envelope of an Interacting, 2-Dimensional Lattice-Gas - H2o on Pt(111)."Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society207: 226-COLL. .
- 1994."Thermochemistry of Atomic-Beam Reactions at Surfaces in Uhv."Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society207: 43-Coll. .
- 1993."Reactions of Pi-Allyl with Atomic Oxygen and Hydroxyl on Ag(110)."Surface Science290(3): 319-334. .
Selected Awards and Honors
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Mentor(Cornell University)2010
- College of Engineering Award for Excellence in Teaching(Cornell University)2006
- College of Engineering Award for Excellence in Teaching(Cornell University)1998
- Air Products Term Professorship(Cornell University)1996
- Mu Sigma Tau Award for Excellence in Teaching(Cornell University)1995
- BS(Chemical Engineering),Virginia Polytechnic Institute,1979
- MS(Chemical Engineering),California Institute of Technology,1982
- Ph D(Chemical Engineering),California Institute of Technology,1986