Kilian Weinberger is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in Machine Learning under the supervision of Lawrence Saul and his undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Oxford. During his career he has won several best paper awards at ICML, CVPR, AISTATS and KDD (runner-up award). In 2011 he was awarded the Outstanding AAAI Senior Program Chair Award and in 2012 he received an NSF CAREER award. He is co-Program Chair for ICML 2016 and for AAAI 2018. Kilian Weinberger's research focuses on Machine Learning and its applications. In particular, he focuses on learning under resource constraints, metric learning, machine learned web-search ranking, and deep learning. Before joining Cornell University, he was an Associate Professor at Washington University in St. Louis and before that he worked as a research scientist at Yahoo! Research in Santa Clara.
- Chen, Minmin, Zhixiang (Eddie) Xu, Kilian Weinberger, Fei Sha. 2012. "Marginalized Stacked Denoising Autoencoders for Domain Adaptation." Proceedings of 29th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Edingburgh Scotland
- Chen, Wenlin, James T. Wilson, Stephen Tyree, Kilian Weinberger, Yixin Chen. 2015. "Compressing Neural Networks with the Hashing Trick." Paper presented at International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Lille, France
- Weinberger, Kilian, L. K. Saul. 2009. "Distance Metric Learning for Large Margin Nearest Neighbor Classification." Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR) 10: 207-244.
- Weinberger, Kilian, A. Dasgupta, J. Langford, A. Smola, J. Attenberg. 2009. "Feature Hashing for Large Scale Multitask Learning."Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML '09) , Canada
- Huang, Gao , Zhuang Liu, Laurens Q. van der Maaten, Kilian Weinberger. 2017. "Densely Connected Convolutional Networks".Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition- (CVPR).
Selected Awards and Honors
- Co-Program Chair for AAAI 2018
- Co-Program Chair for ICML 2016
- Best Student Paper Runner-Up Award KDD 2014
- NSF CAREER Award 2012
- AAAI Outstanding Senior Program Chair Award 2011
University of Pennsylvania 2007