Kyra Gan is an Assistant Professor in the School of Operations Research and Information Engineering and Cornell Tech at Cornell University. Her research interests include adaptive/online algorithm design in personalized treatment (including micro-randomized trials and N-of-1 trials) under constraint settings, computerized/automated inference methods (e.g., targeted learning with RKHS), robust causal discovery in medical data, and fairness in organ transplants. More broadly, she is interested in bridging the gap between research and practice in healthcare.
Prior to Cornell Tech, she was a postdoctoral fellow at the Statistical Reinforcement Lab at Harvard University. She received her Ph.D. in Operations Research in 2022 from Carnegie Mellon University at the Tepper School of Business. She received her B.A.s in Mathematics and Economics from Smith College in 2017. She is a recipient of the 2021 Pierskalla Best Paper Award and the 2021 CHOW Best Student Paper Award in the Category of Operations Research and Management Science.
- Kyra Gan, Esmaeil Keyvanshokooh, Xueqing Liu, and Susan A. Murphy. “Contextual Bandits with Budgeted Information Reveal.” Preprint, 2023
- Brian Cho*, Yaroslav Mukhin*, Kyra Gan, Ivana Malencia. “Kernel Debiased Plug-in Estimation.” Preprint, 2023
- Kyra Gan*, Su Jia*, Andrew Li. “Greedy Approximation Algorithms for Active Sequential Hypothesis Testing." Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 2021
- Kyra Gan, Andrew Li, Zachary Lipton, and Sridhar Tayur. “Causal Inference with Selectively Deconfounded Data.” International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics, 2021
- Arisha Patel*, Kyra Gan*, Andrew Li, Jeremy Weiss, Seyed Mehdi Nouraie, Sridhar Tayur, and Enrico M Novelli. “Machine Learning Algorithms in Predicting Hospital Readmissions in Sickle Cell Disease.” British Journal of Haematology, 2020
Selected Awards and Honors
- 2021 INFORMS Pierskalla Best Paper Award
- 2021 CHOW Best Student Paper Award in the Category of Operations Research and Management Science
- Tata Consultancy Services Fellowship, 2020