AB Cornell 1993; PhD Harvard 1997; assistant, associate, full professor, Cornell, 1997-present. Please see http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/llee for more information.
Natural language processing (NLP), social interaction, computational social science, machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Fu, Liye, Lillian Jane Lee, Cristian Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil. 2017. "When confidence and competence collide: Effects on online decision-making discussions." Proceedings of WWW
- Gómez-Rodríguez, Carlos, Tianze Shi, Lillian Lee. 2018. "Global transition-based non-projective dependency parsing". Proceedings of ACL
- Hessel, Jack, David Mimno, and Lillian Lee. 2018. "Quantifying the visual concreteness of words and topics in multimodal datasets". Proceedings of NAACL
- Shi, Tianze, Lillian Lee. 2018. "Valency-augmented dependency parsing". Proceedings of EMNLP
- Shi, Tianze, Carlos Gómez-Rodríguez, Lillian Lee. 2018. "Improving coverage and runtime complexity for exact inference in non-projective transition-based dependency parsers". Proceedings of NAACL.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Test-of-Time Paper (2002-2012) on Computational Linguistics, 2018
- ACL Fellow (Association for Computational Linguistics), 2017
- Best paper award, IJCAI "Natural Language Processing Meets Journalism" workshop, 2016
- AAAI Fellow (Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence) 2013
- Best paper award (joint with Regina Barzilay) (HLT-NAACL) 2004
AB Cornell 1993
PhD Harvard University 1997