Rafael Pass graduated from MIT in 2006 and has since been an Assistant Professor of Computer Science. His research interests are in Cryptography and its connections to Complexity Theory and Game Theory. He is the recipient of the NSF Career Award in 2008, the AFOSR Young Investigator Award in 2010, and was named a Microsoft Faculty Fellow in 2009, and a Sloan Research Fellow in 2011.
Cryptography, Complexity Theory, Discrete Structures
- Pass, Rafael N., Elaine Shi, Florian Tramèr. 2017. "Formal Abstractions for Attested Execution Secure Processors." Paper presented at EuroCrypt'17
- Pass, Rafael N., Lior Seeman, Abhi Shelat. 2017. "Analysis of the Blockchain Protocol in Asynchronous Networks.." Paper presented at EuroCrypt'17
- Lin, Huijia , Rafael N. Pass, Karn Seth, Sidharth Telang. 2016. "Indistinguishability Obfuscation with Non-trivial Efficiency." Paper presented at Public Key Cryptography, February.
- Halpern, Joseph Y., Rafael N. Pass. 2016. "Sequential equilibrium and imperfect recall." Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Marcedone, Antonio , Rafael N. Pass, Abhi Shelat. 2016. "Bounded KDM Security from iO and OWF.." Paper presented at Security and Cryptography for Networks (SCN)
Selected Awards and Honors
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellow (Alfred P. Sloan Foundation) 2011
- Invited Professor at the École Normale Supérieure 2016
- Invited plenary talk at Conference on Security and Cryptography for Networks 2016
- Paper invited to special issue: Kai-Min Chung, Rafael Pass, Karn Seth: Non-Black-Box Simulation from One-Way Functions And Applications to Resettable Security(2013) (Invited to SIAM Journal of Computing, special issue on selected papers from STOC 2013)2015
- Paper invited to special issue: Rafael Pass: Unprovable Security of Perfect NIZK and Non-interactive Non-malleable Commitments (TCC 2013) (Invited to a Computational Complexity, 10 year anniversary special issue on selected papers from TCC 2013) 2015
Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2006