Meet with an Advisor
Engineering Career Center Revised Operations
The Engineering Career Center is operating virtually; our physical location of Carpenter 201 is closed.
Undergraduate Engineering Career Support:
The Engineering Career Center has trained Cornell Undergraduates (Peer Advisors) who provide feedback on engineering students' resume and cover letter drafts, and prepare students for interviews.
The peer advisor with whom you are scheduled will email you with a Zoom link and request that you email your materials (e.g. resume, cover letter, job description) before your appointment. Include your phone number when you sign up; the advisor will call you at the assigned time.
- Practice Coding Interviews To schedule a practice coding interview, please sign up on our Coding Peer Advisor calendar.
- Practice Case Interviews are one-hour appointments. To schedule an appointment, go to the Cornell Career Services calendar.
First-year students may prefer to meet with a peer advisor for tips on navigating career resources, to discuss career interests, using Handshake, Career Fairs, employer information sessions, and how to make the most of next summer.
M.Eng. & MPS Career Support:
If you are an M.Eng. student (including M.Eng. early admits) please go to the M.Eng. Career Resources page (M.Eng & MPS only).
- Cornell Tech students: please visit the Career Management website
- If you are an ORIE FE M.Eng. student, please contact Liz Drummond
- Resume/cover letter reviews and practice interviews can be scheduled with peer advisors specifically trained to work with M.Eng. students (M.Eng. students only)
To best prepare for your individual work, please go through the five career modules designed to prepare you for career success. Having this foundation will positively impact any individual work you will do as well as prepare you to take part in any events and/or programming.
MS & Ph.D. Career Support:
- Schedule an advisor appointment through the Engineering Career Center Resources page.