Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree
MATH 1910, 1920, 2930 or 2940, and a mathematics course chosen by the Major.
PHYS 1112 and 2213, and, depending on the Major, either PHYS 2214 or a designated mathematics or science course.
CHEM 2090. Majors in Chemical Engineering or those planning on a health-related career should take CHEM 2090 and then 2080. Students in Environmental Engineering should take CHEM 2090 and CHEM 1570/3570. Earth and Atmospheric Sciences majors should take CHEM 2090 and then 2080/1570.
4. First-year writing seminars (two courses)
5. Computing (CS 1110, 1112, 1114, or 1115)
6. Engineering Distribution
7. Liberal Studies Distribution (six courses)
8. Advisor-approved electives
9. Major program
10. In addition to the first-year writing seminars, a technical writing course must be taken as an engineering distribution, liberal studies, Advisor-approved electives, or Major course.
11. Two semesters of physical education and demonstration of proficiency in swimming (university requirement).
The total number of credits required for graduation vary by Major. Specific requirements for each Major are given in the Engineering Undergraduate Handbook and on the Major websites.
* The total number of math and science credits must be ≥31 credits with the distribution depending on Major.