Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Exchange Program
Study engineering at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) for one semester or an academic year. The primary language of instruction at HKUST is English.
Features of the HKUST Exchange Program
Host Institution: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology a technological university ranked 23rd in the world for technology.
- Admissions: Sophomore and junior engineering students with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Coursework: Students typically take five courses in engineering and humanities per semester. Some courses carry prerequisites.*
- Language: Courses are taught in English except for a few optional humanities and social sciences courses.
- Fall Semester: Early September through late December
- Spring Semester: Late January/ early February through late May
- Housing: Students live in furnished residence halls on campus.
- Fall Semester: Apply early in the Spring Semester
- Spring Semester: Apply early in the Fall Semester
- Costs: Since this is an exchange program, students pay the customary tuition to Cornell University.
- Students are responsible for their own living expenses including travel, visa, accommodation, meals, healthcare, books and supplies during the exchange period. These expenses range from approximately $2,200-$4,500.
- Standard financial aid packages are applied and are adjusted to include the additional expenses related to studying abroad including travel.
Check the experience.cornell.edu/opportunities website for the most up to date deadline information.
*This program may fit some students’ curriculum plans better than others’ depending on a variety of factors including Advanced Placement credit, completed prerequisites, and major affiliation requirements. Speak with a Academic Advisor in Engineering Advising to see if this program matches your interests and needs.