Welcome, Class of 2023! We are excited to begin this journey with you! For incoming freshmen, several items require your attention throughout the summer. Each will help ensure that you are prepared for your academic transition in the fall. Additionally, please check your Cornell email weekly throughout the summer, as we will provide critical updates and information to guide your matriculation process.
External Transfer Students
Please visit our page for New Transfer Students for more information about selecting courses and connecting with your major department.
Fall Course Selection and Pre-Enrollment is Now Closed
Changes to your fall course enrollment (including adding or dropping any course) can be made during the Add/Drop period, which begins on August 28th, after your academic briefing and meeting with your faculty advisor during Orientation.
Your First-Year Writing Seminar assignment will be placed on your schedule by the Registrar's Office in the next few weeks (assuming you balloted). If you put your name on the CHEM waitlist, you will find out before you arrive whether you have received a seat in the course.
You will meet your faculty advisor on August 26th and weekly throughout the fall semester during your Engineering Seminar (ENGRG 1050) course in the fall.
Please remember to:
Continue to check your "To Do List" for new students to make sure you have completed important items;
Review both the University and Engineering schedules for Orientation in August. Students are required to attend both the Engineering Academic Briefing, on Saturday, August 24th at 3:45pm and the First-Year Student Group Meeting with their Faculty Advisor on Monday, August 26th (specific locations and times will be provided in materials distributed during the Engineering Academic Briefing on Saturday).
- Spend some time over the next few weeks reviewing the Course Selection Modules in Blackboard, even though pre-enroll is now closed. Blackboard is an online learning management system here at Cornell. We have created a “course” called ENG Advising Fall 2019 with information and resources to help you prepare to enter Cornell. This is where you will find the Course Selection Modules.
To access Blackboard:
- Go to blackboard.cornell.edu
- Log-in with your Cornell NetID
- Navigate to My Courses
- Select ENG Advising Fall 2019
- Click on Course Selection Modules in the left column
- Begin with the Start Here module to learn about Pre-Enroll Basics, then maneuver over and through The Library.
Please be aware: Different internet browsers affect the presentation of the content:
- View the content on a desktop or laptop computer
- Disable your pop-up blockers
- Use an Internet Explorer (IE) version higher than 9 if you use IE
- We do not recommend using Chrome! If you do, you will need to disable your pop-up blocker, probably get an error message, tell it to ignore the error, and then it should work
- If you use Safari, make sure Flash is enabled
- Firefox version greater than 51 is recommended