Welcome first-year and transfer students to Cornell Engineering! We are excited to begin your academic and personal journey with you!
Welcome to Cornell Engineering!
Incoming Engineering Transfer Students:
Please visit our webpage for Incoming Transfer Students
*Note: if you are a student who has been admitted to another college at Cornell and who is interested in learning more about internally transferring to the College of Engineering, visit our internal transfer website.
Incoming Engineering First-Year Students:
It is your responsibility to visit this website and to check your Cornell email account weekly between now and your arrival in August for continued information, deadlines, and updates from Cornell Engineering.
Fall Course Pre-Enrollment is Now Closed
Changes to your fall course enrollment (including adding or dropping any course) can be made during the Add/Drop period, which begins on August 18th at 9am.
- If you put your name on the CHEM 2090 waitlist, you will likely find out during the Add period if you are able to obtain a seat in the course.
Faculty Advisors will be assigned the week of Orientation. You will be sent information about how to locate your faculty advisor assignment in Student Center.
- You will have the opportunity to meet with your faculty advisor on August 18th and weekly throughout the fall semester during your Engineering Seminar (ENGRG 1050) course in the fall.
Meet with an Engineering Advising Professional Staff Academic Advisor
Make a 30-minute virtual Zoom academic advising appointment (no same-day appointments available). Come prepared with questions!
Engineering Advising Virtual Drop-In Hours
Drop-ins (10-15 minutes) are for quick questions as they relate to the topics of our weekly communications.
Drop-ins are first come, first served. You may have to wait to speak with an advisor if another student is ahead of you. If that is the case, you will be in the Zoom waiting room until an advisor is available.
- Tuesdays (starting June 6), 3pm-4pm
- Wednesdays (starting July 5), 10am-11am
- Thursdays (starting June 8), 2pm-3pm
Monday, August 14th and Tuesday, August 15th!